Our Founders, Phil and Corey, have more than 50 years of collective entrepreneurial experience, owning businesses that manufactured, exported, and supplied Australian industry. They have seen firsthand:
- The inputs and processes involved in plastic manufacturing.
- The sheer volume of disposable soft plastics and the lack of ability to process them properly in the industrial and medical industries.
- The positive response from consumers, industry, and government when presented with alternative compostable, reusable, or recyclable solutions.
… and so, they created The Hygiene Co., Australia’s only plastic free wet wipe innovator and manufacturer.
Over 25,000,000 kg of plastic wipes are used in Australia each year (that’s more than 31 times the weight of plastic straws). Adding to this statistic, more than 96% of wet wipes in Australia are imported, and based on the fact wet wipes consist of 80% water, we’re shipping tonnes and tonnes of water into Australia each year! The greenhouse carbon emissions created each year by shipping water in wet wipes to Australia are >9,000,000 kg. That is a SHIP LOAD of plastic waste and carbon from imported wet wipes!
Something had to change – with more than 20 million individual wet wipes used each day in Australia adding to plastic landfills and microplastic toxins, we realised now is the time…the time for a locally made plastic-free product that won’t impact the environment.
- Create the safest and cleanest, plastic-free wipes.
- Switch plastic landfills into land love – creating compost from our wet wipes.
- Our Australian-made compostable wipes are >53% less carbon-intensive than imported wipes.
- Onshoring production to Australia with a readily available wet wipe.